Bad breath could be the sign of an oral infection. Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is the result of a nasty or foul scent emanating from your mouth. It is typically caused by poor oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a significant role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– A number of diseases and illnesses cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to eradicate most common types of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
– Plaque buildup that sticks around in your mouth can cause bad breath.
– Bad breath can be produced by poor oral hygiene habits such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Medications that contain dry mouth symptoms can cause bad breath.
– If you have an underlying disease such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be creating your bad breath.
If you would like to experience the life-changing transformation that our oral health treatments can provide, please stop by Mark Osenieks, DDS, PC for an oral exam from Dr. Mark A. Osenieks and our team at our amazing dentist facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Schedule your visit by calling us at (616) 453-0002. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!