Despite your best efforts, your tooth may become damaged or discolored. Because of an injury, your tooth may become chipped, cracked, or broken. Perhaps you have decay or a large dental filling that has severely weakened your tooth. In some cases, a tooth may be irregularly shaped or discolored. A patient with any of these dental problems can receive an improved smile by way of a dental crown. There is no need to suffer with any of these tooth problems for long.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over your tooth to repair and strengthen it. Dental crowns are used by dentists to restore teeth. Dental crowns can restore or fix the shape, size, strength, or appearance of your tooth. Your dental crown can save your tooth by doing one or more of the following:
• Protect your tooth from breaking if it is weak
• Restore your tooth if it is broken or worn down
• Cover, protect, and support your tooth if it has a large dental filling
• Cover a tooth that is misshapen or stained
• Improve the appearance of a tooth
Ask our dentist about your options with a dental crown and how a dental crown can help you.