At our practice, we know that maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Our dentist and team encourage good oral health, because healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they also make it possible for you to eat and speak properly. Daily preventive care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help avoid major dental issues before they develop.
In between regular visits with our dentist, there are simple steps you can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems. These include:
- Brushing thoroughly twice a day and flossing daily
- Eating a balanced diet and limiting snacks between meals
- Using dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste and mouth rinses
- Making sure children under 12 drink fluoridated water or take a fluoride supplement if needed
- Visiting our dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams
- Replacing your toothbrush every three to four months
When you practice good oral hygiene, your teeth are clean and free of debris, your gums are a healthy pink color and do not hurt or bleed when cleaning, and you do not struggle with bad breath.
Dr. Mark Osenieks can answer any questions that you might have about dental hygiene in Grand Rapids, Michigan. If you would like to meet with him, we encourage you to call our dental office today at (616) 453-0002 to schedule an interview.